Monday, July 18, 2011

Travel Bug

I realized with a start that my Summer vacation officially comes to an end Sunday. Next week will be grueling with 3 days of assessment training (Just shoot me now!) and 2 days of frazzled prep to get ready for the new school year. I'm nervous about the new year with all the changes that have taken place the past few weeks but that's another blog for another time. Back to what I started out saying....my Summer vacation is almost over and, although it's been fun, I haven't done anything HUGE! I haven't done any big projects around the house nor have I taken any fun trips. It feels as if my life is a perpetual cycle of cleaning, errands and being a mom. I love those aspects of my life but feel as if something is missing. While P napped today (He's sick and has been sleeping a lot the past couple days) I've reflected on the past 4 years. Rob and I used to travel a few times a year, aside from seeing family, and do a lot around town. Since P turned one it's the first year that Rob and I haven't taken any trips other than to see family and we rarely do anything. So it's no wonder I feel as if something is missing. P is at the age that he takes everything in and enjoys life so it'd be fun to do something new with him...a trip to the coast or to the many attractions in SF or a local ball game or miniature golf (That's be funny!) or ANYTHING! I want to get the "heck out of dodge" so to speak and go on a trip to somewhere new before the year is over. This rut is driving me crazy, making me claustrophobic. So, hopefully with the official end of my Summer vacation, will come a chance for a real vacation because I'm dying to go on one!

No comments: