Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Last night we took another gigantic step closer to boyhood and away from babyhood. We converted P's crib into a toddler bed. Usually I like assembling/disassembling things but last night was kinda crazy. The directions weren't very clear so we had to switch it up a couple times and even had to use a hacksaw to get rid of one of the bolts after deciding the railing wasn't secure enough. After it was all said and done it still looked very similar to his crib did but it's a transition....more for mommy than P.
He was so excited about his new bed and his Thomas bedding that he spent most of the night playing on his bed. He kept asking me to cover him up and then he'd pretend he was asleep. He'd run out of his room and then run back in, yelling "Thomas!" as he pointed to his bed. He closed the door several times and when I'd go check on him he'd be sitting on his bed with a grin ear to ear.
I thought bed time would be hard but it wasn't in the least. Rob checked on him about 45 mins after we'd put him down. He said that P was just sitting on his bed, looking around. I feared I wouldn't sleep and worry all night. But my back and neck were hurting and the half of a muscle relaxer I took knocked me out. The first thing I did this morning when I woke up, however, was snuck out to check on him. He was curled up in his bed sound asleep. Ah, our lil baby is growing up way too fast! The next hurdle to overcome....potty training!

No comments: