Friday, July 22, 2011

Perfect Way to End....


My new favorite song is by Brad Paisley, "Love Her Like She's Leaving". It talks about cherishing your wife and spoiling her every day. Well, that's what the past 2 days have been like for me. Last night, after starting my day with a sweet note, Rob brought me home gorgeous flowers just because. It was a perfect way to end the day.
This morning I woke up in a great mood, knowing today would be the perfect way to end the Summer vacation. I packed a bag and lunch for me and P then headed to the lake to meet up with a good friend and her two kids. We spent the morning catching up, playing in the sand, rafting and enjoying a picnic. P was so tired that he fell asleep on the way home and proceeded to take a 3 hour nap!

When he woke up I quickly gave him a bath to wash off all the sand. Then we went down the hill to start our next adventure...miniature golf. He is obsessed with me and Rob playing golf, talking about it daily. So we thought it'd be fun to go play putt putt as a family. It was!! Rob and I laughed so hard at P because he'd start whenever he wanted on the green and 99% of the time he would pick his ball up to throw it the rest of the way or drop it next to the hole. He is not a patient golfer but he sure gives each "whack" his best! He loved golf so much that he just came out to tell me, "Mommy, Daddy golf. Good job!" (Gotta love the freedoms of a Big Boy bed and being up past bedtime!)

Today was absolutely perfect! I know that it was a sacrifice of love for Rob to make tonight special after the crazy day he had at work and the pain he endured with his arm. But, between friends and my boys, I couldn't ask for a better way to end my Summer vacation!

No comments: