Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hard Week

I started back to work this week. Every day this week has seemed like a long day, especially the first three because of a dumb assessment symposium I had to attend. Not only has it been long for me but it's been long for Rob and P as well. Rob is waking up at 4:30, working 10 hours, picking up P from daycare then coming home and doing things around the house to help me. P is the one having the most difficult time with this week. It breaks my heart when he asks to cuddle and watch Thomas with me after breakfast and I have to tell him no because we don't have enough time. He has cried every day I've dropped him off, today being the worst. Tonight when I put him to bed he just cried and cried. So I picked him up out of his bed and sat in the rocker with him for awhile. He was more than happy to let me hold him and tell me about his day. I'm glad I got that time with him because missing him has been the hardest part about the week. I would like to say that I only have to work tomorrow and then I have the weekend with my boys but I fear that I'll be working a lot this weekend to get ready for the first day of school. But come Tuesday morning you will be able to find me in my recliner with a cup of coffee, holding the cutest toddler in the world, watching Thomas the Train.

No comments: