Saturday, July 2, 2011

Birthday Fun


Birthdays have always been a big deal to me and my family. Even as an adult, Rob teases me about making my birthday celebrations last an entire week. But I love it and, although he's only turning 2, I want P to love his birthdays the way I do. So yesterday we started the birthday fun celebration. It's one of those days that I wish I could've captured in a bottle to last a lifetime. We started our day the usual way with coffee/cuddle/Thomas time. I had a lot on my agenda to get ready for his party but realized that in a couple years he won't want to have morning cuddle time. So I dropped what I was doing and cherished the moments we sat together, watching Thomas. After we had adequate time together I thought I had talked him into going swimming. Last Summer he was a little fish but this Summer he's not into pools. Either way I was excited to swim. But when we got down the hill to run one errand he really wanted to go to the park. Although it wasn't my first choice, we had a lot of fun going down the slides together and climbing structures. He was one pooped puppy but after a super long nap he was ready to go again. We were waiting for my parents to get to town so we just played in the yard. He kept going to the neighbors' to see their horse. Then he and Ruby (our dog) got into a water "fight". Both of them were drenched and P was laughing hysterically. I'm so glad I had a camera with me to capture it on film because it's one of those moments I want to cherish forever. We ended the day with a BBQ feast and angel food cake. P got to open one early birthday present from our neighbors, which he played with until he went to bed. It was such a fun day and I'm looking to celebrating him and what a miracle he's been all weekend long!

No comments: