Monday, July 18, 2011

Terrific Twos!

Wow, two blogs in one day?? It's your lucky day...ha! I've been meaning to blog about P for a few days but get easily sidetracked every time I sit down at the computer. Anyway, I just wanted to brag for a few minutes about how blessed we are to have such a smart and witty 2 year old. It amazes me that 2 years ago we were dealing with a super sick newborn, wondering what his future held. Fast forward 2 years and I can personally tell you that God provided miracle after miracle in making him as perfect as one can get. He continues to amaze us on a daily basis with how smart and funny he is. His vocabulary continues to expand and he has a memory like an elephant (something I'm jealous of).
Our poor lil guy has strep and a stomach virus that's going around so he hasn't been himself the past 24 hours. But, even when feeling punk, he's still on his game. At the doctor's office today he was on the climbing area. When he decided to jump down he proudly- and loudly- counted, "2..3..6..5..GO!". Everyone in the waiting room that was above 3 feet tall laughed. That got him going so he continued to show off until we were called back.
If you read our blog you are aware that P's most favorite thing in the world is Thomas the Train. He is starting to sing the theme song and has a favorite video, "Splish Splash Splosh". In the video Thomas and his buddy, Rosie, have fun going through water puddles, getting other trains and people wet. On the way to the pharmacy to get his prescription he asked for my water bottle. When I gave it to him- with minimal water in it-he tried to put his Thomas and Rosie toy in the water bottle. When they wouldn't fit in the small opening he proceeded to pour water over Thomas and Rosie, proudly saying, "Splish Splash. Thomas, Rosie bath". I was laughing so hard I thought I'd need to pull over.
The wonderful thing is that he constantly makes us laugh! They say laughing is good for the soul so being around him is definitely good for MY soul! We are aware that we are blessed to have such a wonderful two year old son, one that makes us laugh and entertains us every day. Thank you Lord!

No comments: