Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mountain Morning

Once the sun came up I woke up, curled up in the covers, slightly chilled by the morning breeze. I laid there, listening to the birds outside and enjoyed the noises floating in from the open window in our room. Once I got up I had a little sore throat and was congested. But, as ironic as it sounds, I knew if I got outside and got some fresh air in my system I'd feel better. Once Rob woke up I got my running stuff on, grabbed Ruby and my iPod and headed out. As I listened to praise music, I watched the morning mountain life. Squirrels and bunnies ran in front of me, darting back and forth to the trees and bushes. Birds took flight overhead, singing their songs. Butterflies danced around me. Mustangs grazed in the distance. The sun was high in the sky but not too high to make it outright hot. The air was thin but not so thin as to make it hard to breathe. It was a PERFECT morning for a run! Back when I started training for my half marathon, I had struggled with the course I ran today. This morning I could've run it if I had pushed myself but I was enjoying God's beauty so much that I didn't want to make the run miserable. I definitely wouldn't have won any races but I ran at a pace that allowed me to take it all in. After my morning run with Ruby I knew it was going to be a great day with my guys and I was right. I'm so thankful that I get the chance to start my mornings with a gorgeous mountain run once in awhile.

No comments: