Thursday, July 7, 2011

Friends

Growing up, my favorite song was a friendship song by a christian artist. It talked about nurturing friendships that will last a lifetime. Once I make a friend, I do what I can to maintain that friendship. After going for a walk with a friend yesterday, I got to thinking about my friendships in life. Most of my friends I've known for at least 10 years. Some I've known all my life. Although my friends and I are busy with our own lives and schedules, when we do see each other, we pick up exactly where we left off. That's why I'm glad the busyness of June is over and I have time to meet up with friends for the rest of my break. I thought I'd get bored with 7 weeks off but that can't be further from the truth. Now that all the big events are behind me for the Summer, I have time to get projects done around the house and spend time with friends. In fact, I get to enjoy a beautiful walk in the Sierras with a friend of mine today. All this friend time is good for the soul and I'm blessed to have such great girlfriends in my life!

1 comment:

Kimberly June said...

Good friends really are the icing on the cupcake of life. :) Glad you're getting girlfriend time!