Friday, March 13, 2009

Baby Fun!

IF you are getting tired of reading blogs about the baby you may want to just stop reading them from here on out because that seems to be my priority these days! Unfortunately we aren't as close to family and friends as we'd like so I can fill everyone in this way. Anyway, things are really starting to become so real. I realized today that I am over halfway there! In some ways it seems like I've been pregnant forever because I found out so early. But, in other ways it seems like it was only yesterday that the pee stick came back "pregnant".
Last night Rob and I registered at Babies R Us. It's amazing how much babies "need" when they are first born. Rob thought some of it was just pointless, which I agree with. But, trust me when I say we still found plenty to fill the registry! We also found this adorable website: smallinthesaddle.com. We absolutely love everything on there and plan to get the crib set from there. But, unfortunately, they don't do baby registries....I called and asked. (If you have free time you may want to get on there just to browse because everything is so stinkin' cute...and will most likely be in the nursery or something Preston wears at some point.
Today I had my 21 week dr. appt. My doc said everything is going great! I'm on the lower scale of weight gain, which really makes me happy. All the baby tests came back negative, which is a good thing. She said she is pleased with everything at the moment! I asked her if my back will continue to bother me and she said that it will most likely get worse as Preston grows and I get bigger. Bummer! But, my thought is that if that's the worst of the pregnancy I can handle it.
Today the baby furniture came. The website said it wouldn't come for 2 weeks so the nursery is not cleaned out and ready to go yet. But, I will clean this weekend while Rob is at work so hopefully we can get the furniture set up sooner rather than later. It is all becoming so real! What a blessing this has all been! I can see why people say that pregnant women glow because every time says something about my baby bump, asks about Preston or he kicks me I just can't stop grinning from ear to ear!!

No comments: