Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friend Filled Day

Rob is back to working long hours, 7 days a week. When he comes home he does a lot around the house. I am grateful for all that he does for our family and to help me out. I have become more dependent on him than I thought I would be. I mean, how hard should it be to carry a bag of dog food from the car?? But, with all that's on his plate lately, in a way I feel single because I am by myself more than I am with him. I never thought I'd be that kind of girl that misses her husband when he works a lot. But, I've changed in more ways than one since Rob walked into my life almost two years ago. Anyway.....

Lately I have been kind of anti-social, being perfectly content at home. For those of you that know me, know that's not typically my personality. But, today has been different. I met up with one of my good friends at a local lake, where we went for a two mile walk (Don't remember the last time I've walked that far....or had the desire to!). Then we rewarded ourselves with lunch and cheesecake at Claim Jumper. After that we went to the mall because both of us wanted more Spring maternity tops. I am now at home, but not for long. In about 15 minutes I am leaving to go meet up with some more friends to celebrate the birthday of one of our ringbearers. He turned 4 last weekend, but was too sick to celebrate so it was decided to go have dinner tonight. It's a little overwhelming to be around so many friends all in one day, after only talking to them on the phone lately. I've enjoyed it, though, getting out of the house and being social. Who knows how often that'll happen once Preston joins us so I might as well take advantage of it while I can!!!

No comments: