Sunday, March 1, 2009

Workin' Like a Horse

Every day Rob gets up at 4:30am to brave the elements (today it's high winds) and bring home the "bacon". This weekend he doesn't even get a break from work. Yesterday he left around 5am, worked a full day and had an errand to run after work. By the time he got home, cleaned up our neighbor's trailer he had borrowed and spent time with the horses it was dark. Being a "50's style wife", as my friend calls it, I feel it is my obligation to keep the house clean, laundry done and a warm meal made at the end of the day. So, yesterday I went into nesting mode. I cleaned the washer, dryer and vacccuum cleaner (after vaccuuming each stair). Then I cleaned the windows, which is something I rarely do for some reason. This is on top of cleaning the bathrooms, the kitchen, getting groceries, working out, baking brownies and doing 4 loads of laundry. Today, after the race gets underway, I plan on tackling the downstairs closet and cleaning the downstairs bathroom. I feel the need to clean and organize today so I might as well take advantage of it. Hopefully I will be done with all of this by the time Rob gets home from yet another exhausting day at work!

No comments: