Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to Reality



I've come to love Mondays because not only do I get to spend them with P, but because I can have fun on the weekend and still have Mondays to catch up on house stuff/errands. Not this week though. I had a friend come into town last Friday. We went into VC for pizza then hung out. Saturday was a mix between relaxing and being on the go. We went to yet another 1st birthday party...where P fell and banged up his nose pretty good. Then Saturday night I had some neighbors over for a Girls' Night In. We had Mexican food, relaxed and chatted til well past my bedtime. Sunday was a repeat of Saturday- a mix of relaxing and being on the go. We woke up and were trying to figure out what to do (I had forgotten it was Sunday or I would've suggested church). We decided we could still catch some of the hot air balloon races if we left immediately. That meant running a brush through our hair and one over our teeth, not thinking we'd really be in public. Joke was on us because we couldn't find a semi-private place to watch the balloons yet not be seen. So we went to the launch park, where there were still balloons taking off. There was one balloon that kids could ride, but of course, P is still too small. After we left the fun balloon festivities we went to my favorite donut shop in town. We called that lunch and then my friend watched a movie while P and I napped. Not the best hostess I know, but she's a friend that wouldn't expect to be entertained. When she left I got a call that Rob was coming to town. It was fun to spend a little family time together, although, as always it was too short. This morning I would've normally got up, started laundry and then cleaned in between playing with Preston. But, I am filling in at work for a couple weeks so that means full time for me. I had to do only one load of laundry when I got home and I decided to forgo cleaning until later in the week. This will be a long week and I am so thankful that I don't have to have this schedule permanently!

No comments: