Saturday, September 4, 2010

Odd Day

For not being together much for two weeks, we didn't really spend much quality family time together last night or today. Last night we did our annual RibFest with the Pagnis/Cascis but Rob and I drove there serarately. We ate in shifts to watch P and then he played football while I talked to the ladies. This morning we didn't have our usual weekend breakfast. We sold the goats then P and I went to birthday parties while Rob went to VC to listen to a band he likes. When he got home P and I were napping. Then I went to get a pedi and Rob and P met me down the hill afterwards. We did spend family time together (although maybe not quality?) at the RibFest. We met our friend, Bob, there and walked around for a couple hours. I say "maybe not quality" because we spent most of the evening pushing through crowds. At the end of the night, I decided to spice things up. I fell flat on my butt in front of God and all of Reno! Rob thought someone was trying to start a fight with him so he jumped out of the way when I reached for his shirt to use as leverage. Bob asked if I was ok then nonchalantly walked away like he didn't know me. All I could do was laugh hysterically because at this point in life that's all I can ever do in situations like this. On the way home I almost hit a horse in our neighborhood. It's a black one and I don't see well at night, especially when there aren't street lights. But, I missed it and it's happily grazing on someone's property as I write this. All in all, it's been an unusual day. Fun, busy, but odd.

No comments: