Thursday, September 23, 2010

So Surreal

I started thinking about life today during my down time at work. And I came to the conclusion that our life is so surreal. I was reading about a celebrity couple that's been together for 4 years, which by Hollywood standards is a long time. Then I realized that Rob and I have been together for 3 1/2. It seems like just yesterday we were meeting at Chilis for the first time.

Last year at this time P couldn't sit up or even have anything other than formula. Now he leaves the room when he has to fill his diaper because somewhere along life's road he's learned that's the appropriate thing to do. (He also bangs on things to cover up the grunting noises, which always makes me laugh) He's also learning how to use utensils when he eats...something that may take awhile to perfect but he's well on his way! He can also say 6 words and I'm sure he says more. I just haven't figured out what they mean.

Life seems to be happening in the blink of an eye. Pretty soon Rob and I will have gray hair (ok that's already happened but I mean a lot of gray hair), sitting on a porch swing talking about when P was getting potty trained or riding his trike (another thing he's learning to do). I want it all to slow down because, like I said, it's all surreal!

No comments: