Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Laboring on Labor Day

Yesterday the US gave a lot of people the day off to relax and rejunivate. So, when I went to bed Sunday night I kept repeating to myself, "I will relax tomorrow. I will relax tomorrow." My intent was to wake up slowly, watch TV all day with a couple naps thrown in and never getting out of my PJs. I honestly did want to do that but for some reason I just can't. Sitting in front of the TV all day is what I think Hell would be like. Well, that or substitute teaching. I tried to just veg but then I started thinking of things I wanted to get done. Now, don't get me wrong it's not like I went out and started moving rocks and landscaping. OK, I did do that but not for long. I mostly did little things like water and laundry and vaccuum and get out Fall decorations. Then I did relax with my boys in the afternoon. We went to Scheels, the park and Walmart. It was a relaxing and fun few hours, even though Preston is sick. I really do need to learn how to relax and veg, which is hard for me if I'm not surrounded by a body of water. But, next year I vow to relax on Labor Day to celebrate its true meaning that's dated back to the 1800's......yeah right!

1 comment:

Scheels said...

Thanks for making us a part of your holiday weekend - hope you get some more relaxation time soon!