Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Day In the Life of....

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like to live someone else's life for a day? Well, let me tell you about a typical day in my life then you may realize yours is fine just the way it is. This morning P woke up an hour before he typically does, which always starts the day off in a fun way. He was cranky so he threw some of his breakfast on the floor. After cleaning that up we played for awhile. Since we were visiting my parents, my dad woke up and offered to watch P while I took a quick shower. While in the process of shaving my legs, all of a sudden the shower curtain was pulled back. There stood P in all his glory. A second later I heard my dad come in the bathroom. Trying to quickly cover myself and thinking how weird it was that my dad and son were in the bathroom while I was in the shower made me knick myself with the razor.....on my butt. Yes, you read that correctly and there is no other description to give so I will continue. Fast forward to the car ride home. P was so tired that he fell asleep shortly after we got on the freeway. About a half hour later I had to go to the bathroom so bad I had tears in my eyes. I feared waking P when I stopped so I pulled off an off ramp (I would've had to get him out of the car, hence waking him if I had stopped at a rest area or gas station). I eased the door open and then found a nice patch of trees that I thought would hide me. As I was pulling up my pants, I heard a car approaching and I have no doubt that the driver got mooned as he/she passed. When we were about a half hour from Reno P woke up and started screaming. This continued for most of the way home because he thinks this is a great way to get attention (99% of the time I ignore it). We picked up Ruby at the vet/kennel and Holly growled at her most of the way up the hill.
After unloading the car I was hoping to relax. Wrong! Ruby had been in a kennel for 2 1/2 days so she had energy to burn. Somewhere outside she found water and/or mud and covered herself in it. Then she kept doing "drive bys" on the neighbor's chicken coop. This is while P was opening all the DVD cases, taking them out and throwing them on the ground. I finally put P down for nap #2 of the day when he kept pulling the Wii sensor off and flinging it around. Luckily, Ruby had worn herself out enough to lay down so I could get a much needed nap.
Once we all woke up, P and I went down the hill for groceries. It took awhile leaving the house because Ruby has separation anxiety. She followed my car down the road. So I had to turn around and come back. I tried putting her in the garage but that didn't work so I put her in the kennel where she proceeded to bark and whine as I pulled away. At the grocery store, P decided his screaming tantrum was fun and tried it out a few times much to the dismay of other shoppers. I ignored it and prayed that I'd never see any of the people again.
We got home and I started making dinner. I thought it'd be good to feed Ruby during this time so I could put groceries away while the pizza was baking. As I turned toward the refrigerator I saw P start grabbing food out of Ruby's bowl. She realized she had competition and started eating her food as fast as she could get it in her mouth. P tried to get a few handfuls but Ruby and I were too quick. Once dinner was ready I let Ruby out. Soon I heard the neighborhood dogs barking up a storm so I scrafed down the rest of my meal (cleaned P's off the floor) and ran outside to get Ruby. I called her back but she wouldn't come so I had to walk to the neighbors' and get her. When she came back in the house she mistook P's toys for her own. As I wrestled them away from her P decided that the Bacon Bits made a fun maraca while he danced. Somewhere halfway into the song he got a little too into dancing and fell, landing on the Bacon Bits container. He got a cut under his eye and it may result in a black eye. I got him cleaned up and then went back to wrestling toys from Ruby.
Even though P had had a good nap this afternoon I thought, for my own sanity, it'd be good for him to call it a day and go to bed. After reading a few books and saying his prayers I put him in bed. As I filled up the top part of his humidifier Ruby drank what was left in the bottom and P stood in his crib, throwing his stuffed animals on the ground. Ah, that is a normal everyday day for me. So, wanna trade your life for mine just for a day? Pretty please! :)

No comments: