Monday, July 19, 2010

1st Day

Today is the first day of school....and I'm not there. Since the school I work at is year-round our first day was today. I went in for an hour to meet the students and some of the parents this morning but it's not my official day to work so I left within the first half hour of the school day. After teaching 6th grade for three years, it's nice to be back with the "little" kids. I'm teaching a shared contract, 2nd grade, this year. Working on a shared contract means I only work 2-3 days a week. The school I'm working out is such a nice change from what I'm used to. Between that and the cute kiddos and a great teaching partner, I'm really excited about this school year! I don't remember the last time I was this excited about a new school year. If Ashley (my teaching partner) and I can prove to our principal that the shared contract is working then she'll let us stick with it permanently. If I have to work, I can't think of a better job for me at this point!

No comments: