Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Worn Out!

I knew it was going to be "one of those" days when Preston wouldn't stop screaming this morning. Since that time I've only had a few minutes to myself, most of them being in the last 10 minutes. For those that know me well know that I despise TV and want Preston doing other things than sitting in front of it. That being said, today I broke down and put on a video for him. It's praise music with animals and kids on the screen during songs, but it's one of the few things that grabs his attention for a few minutes. And, to be honest, those few minutes are priceless today! After the screaming episode this morning I decided to call the dr because he's been running a fever off and on for 10 days and is very congested. We ran errands before the dr's office so he was worn out by the time we got there. One could not tell that, however, because of all the "running" around he did in the office. He was talking louder than all the other kids combined and the waiting room went back in "library" mode once we were called into the examining room. At one point a receptionist that has befriended us asked if she could take Preston off my hands for a few minutes to give me a break (Yes, it was that bad today!). On the way to the examining room, the nurse commented on how "social" (ie. LOUD) Preston was. The dr came in to examine him and said he was very well behaved for his examination (I think Preston was beyond worn out at that point.). Then he proceeded to inform me that Preston has a sinus infection and that he's a precocious 1 yr old. He told me we'd have our hands full because 1 yr old boys don't often talk as much as he was talking. He said that it means he's intelligent and a quick learner. After the dr's visit, my brain child had worn me out so I postponed my last errand. Mr. Doogie Howser and I headed home, where he has played with EVERY toy in the house, making as much noise as possible. Unfortunately, the video is almost over and I refuse to replay it. So I'm relishing the few quiet moments left knowing that our precocious toddler will be all over the room again soon. Nap time can't come fast enough....for the both of us!

No comments: