Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sentimental Thoughts

I was so overwhelmed with Preston's birthday that I didn't get to blog the way I wanted to yesterday. I kept thinking I'd have a quiet moment to slip away and blog about my thoughts but it never happened. Between family and friends in town and the big party, I never had a moment to myself. So, you get the blog a day late but sentimental none-the-less.

I woke up yesterday, thinking about a year ago. I had known Preston was going to be born on the 3rd so I wasn't surprised when we were driving down the hill at 4am, on our way to the hospital. From the little I know about labor and delivery, I'd say mine was really easy! The nurse walked me through what to do since our birthing class was scheduled for the week after Preston was born. Rob walked me through the contractions and when to push. I was watching a big wreck on the Nationwide race when Preston came into the world (I guess that was my focal point). I remember holding this little 6lb, 8 oz baby in my arms, thinking about what a miracle he was! Little did I know that that was even more true in weeks to come in his young life!!. Throughout the year Preston has shown us a love like no other. He's shown me what it means to be willing to die for someone I love. He's shown me what joy personified truly means!

This year has flown by and I'd love to hit the pause button. Rob and I often talk about the fact that he'll be driving soon and we'll be reminiscing about the days when he was young. I'd love for him to stay this age forever because it's so much fun. But, I also know that it'll become more fun- and challenging- as he continues to grow up. So happy (late) birthday lil cowboy! You are a dream come true.

No comments: