Saturday, July 10, 2010

School of Hard Knocks

Thursday Preston and I met up with a friend at Donner Lake. She commented that I was such a laid back first time mom because if her kids had been eating sand like Preston was she would've been quick to get it out of their mouths. I said as long as he was happy then I was ok with it. Boy, did I learn my lesson yesterday!! The poor lil cowboy was miserable! Every time he had a messy diaper he'd cry and it'd look like a cement truck had unloaded in each one. By the 3rd messy diaper I was near tears because I know he was in so much pain, pain that I could've helped him avoid. His little bum was red from all the sand and he'd cry and cry when I wiped him clean. A friend of ours came to stay with us last night and we had to assure her that Preston is normally such a happy lil boy. Luckily, he proved us RIGHT this morning. He woke up his usual happy, smiley, talking self and had normal diapers once again. So, all is good at the Lazy H Ranch again but mommy sure learned her lesson on this one. No more eating half the beach the next time we go!

No comments: