Friday, July 2, 2010

Middle of Nowhere

If you would've told me five years ago that I'd be married to a retired bull rider, living in the mountains of Reno and owning goats I would've laughed. I would've had to laugh loud so you could hear me above the fire station that was less than a mile from my house one way and the hospital about a mile away the other way. But I would've laughed. However, every night when I go to bed, I think about how blessed we are, how I wouldn't want to live anywhere else right now. During the Summer days there is so much wildlife up here. I can't drive a mile without seeing at least one herd of "wild" mustangs. We keep our windows open at night and hear coyotes. The not-so-fun thing is that we see remnants of bears around Garbage Day. Yesterday Rob and I watched the goats play, laughing at their silly antics. Last night we got in bed and heard an owl. Rob looked out the door and it was on our roof, calling into the night. We hear crickets chirp as we fall into Dreamland every night. When Preston is older he'll be able to catch lizards that run around the rocks outside our front door. He'll be able to learn about many different birds that love to chirp LOUDLY right outside our windows BEFORE the sun is up (Ok, so I would change that part). There are things I miss such as green grass but overall I love the endless possibilities for a young boy up here. There is so much to enjoy on a daily basis!

No comments: