Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Perfect Weather Day

Today was one of those days that I could've been outside all day. It was warm but not too hot. The clouds rolled in this evening, cooled down and was a perfect evening. Although I wasn't outside all day, I did spend a majority of it outside. This morning I strapped Preston into the backpack and did my outside chores (ie. watering, feeding goats, etc). Then he played on his playset and in his sandbox for awhile. While he was napping, I shot my bow for quite awhile to prepare for my hunts next month. I would've spent more time shooting but I am in the process of painting the downstairs room to turn into Preston's play room and his nap time is the only time I can focus on painting. Once we got our errands done and came back home he played in his pool while Holly used it as a water bowl (He thinks this is a fun game!). By that time Rob was home so he hung out with Preston while I shot my bow some more. The weather was too perfect to go back in the house so I strapped Preston in the backpack and we went exploring. I found an abandoned house so Preston and I decided to be nosey (ok, maybe it was only me but I think I heard him say he wanted to look at it also). It was fun looking around, especially because I found a cool birdhouse that needed a new home where birds could eat. We came back home, new treasure in hand, so Preston could play with his new birthday toys some more before bed. Once he went to bed I wasn't ready to call it a day so I went back out and shot my bow some more. The only thing that brought me inside for the night is that it was too dark too see anymore and I was afraid the neighborhood bear would stop by for an unwelcome visit. I'm not ready to hunt bear just yet so in I went. Ah, what a perfect weather day!

No comments: