Sunday, July 18, 2010

Good Start, Not So Happy Ending

We've had a fun weekend but coming back to reality has been a little more than I can handle. The three of us had a family weekend in Battle Mountain. It started Friday night when we went to a local diner for dinner then to the races in town. Unfortunately, Preston didn't last long through the races so we only got to watch the preliminary stuff. Yesterday Rob had to work so Preston and I had fun exploring the town. We enjoyed a picnic at one of the little parks in town. There was a special motorcycle event happening so there was music, bikes and even a couple dogs. Preston was in heaven! Then it got even better for him when we went to the community pool. Even though it was packed the kids were very polite and well behaved. A couple of them even apologized for splashing Preston, which is unheard of these days. Rob got off early so we decided to go to Elko to eat at our favorite place, The Star. We even talked our friend, Bob, into joining us. After enjoying a delicious dinner we took a fieldtrip to Walmart because, let's be honest, even on vacation I can't stay away from that store. :) This morning we packed up and hit the road. Unfortunately, we weren't even on the freeway before Preston threw up. And when I say "throw up" I don't mean baby spit up. I mean "big boy" spit up! It was a long trip home and I was thankful that I discovered an unopened air freshener in the glove compartment. When we got back in town I had to stop by my classroom to meet my teaching partner and finalize a few things before school starts tomorrow. As soon as I got Preston set up on a blanket he threw up again. He obviously didn't want to eat his lunch so he got super clingy, making it VERY hard to get anything done. Finally, after an hour and one very messy diaper later, Ashley (my teaching partner) and I threw in the towel (She kept helping with Preston). I picked up Pedialyte on the way home, which he proceeded to throw up on me after drinking it. Luckily he doesn't have a fever but I'm kind of tired of him being sick the past few weeks. Between that and starting a new job, life has been a little on the stressful side. I'm looking forward to getting into a new routine so I can get things done and feel more organized!

No comments: