Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Still Not a Happy Ending

They say when your child gets sick, you usually get it as well. Lucky for me that has yet to happen....until yesterday. I don't deal with the stomach flu very well so the fact that I've had it 2-3 times in the last 10 years is a good thing. Preston graciously passed it on to me and needless to say, it hit me like a ton of bricks! I was sicker than a dog from 3pm on yesterday. Without going into details, I'll just say it was a nice weight loss program. Other than that I could've sat down and cried at any point in the afternoon/evening. Rob had an out of town job so I was trying to take care of Preston as well as myself. Making dinner for him was interesting but praise God I didn't have to deal with any messy diapers. I'm thankful he's such an easy kid because he played by himself while I laid on the couch. The only time it got tricky is when I'd run to the bathroom. He'd follow me and proceed to mimic the sounds I was making. If I hadn't felt so lousy I would've found a lot more humor in it. By the time I put him to bed I was running a fever. I crawled into our bed, pulled all the covers up around my neck and shivered myself to sleep. The phone briefly woke me up when my teaching partner left a message, saying she too had the stomach flu (Preston was so nice to share with the both of us!). Other than that I slept off and on until Preston woke up at 6am. I'm so glad I don't have to be at work today because I'm still not 100%. That's why I'm thankful I only deal with this once every few years.

No comments: