Friday, July 2, 2010

ALMOST a Big Change

Last night I fell asleep with tears-happy ones-running down my cheeks. What caused the waterfall? Thinking about life a year ago and how so much has changed...for the better! A year ago Rob called in sick to work, insistent that I would be going into labor on July 2nd. I'd already been to the hospital twice for false labor. My dr had told me that I'd be having Preston any day so to be prepared. But I knew I'd be having him on the 3rd. I don't know how or why. Maybe it was mother's intuition?? But I knew without a shadow of a doubt that Robert Preston Herrington V would be entering the world on the 3rd. In fact, I told Rob that so many times that he began making fun of me, asking at exactly what time he'd be born. In the end, however, Rob humored me. We spent the 2nd together, going for a long BUMPY ride, running errands, going out to eat (oh, how I should've savored a hot meal that I could eat without entertaining a lil one...ha) and finishing the nursery. We packed our hospital bags (although mine had been packed weeks in advance) and took showers before going to bed for a few hours. We went to bed a year ago, knowing that at some point tomorrow our worlds would forever be changed.........Hence the happy tears!!!

No comments: