Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Being a Mom

Growing up, one of the things that stands out the most about my childhood is how involved my mom was in my education. In fact, when I was presented by the Superintendent at my former district as a new teacher, he was quick to say he remembered not only me but my mom from when he was my principal in elementary school. I've longed to be that mom as well and today I had that chance. Today I was just a mom...and I have loved every minute of it! I dropped P off at school for his last day at that school. Then I went to the hospital to pre-register for E's big debut (I'm hoping that he doesn't take this to mean he can come way early!). I grabbed a few short minutes to myself at Starbucks then happily went back to P's school to be a "room mom" (Is that what they're still called?) for his Halloween party. I loved being "Preston's Mommy" and having the kids fight over who got to sit next to me. I loved watching P interact with his little friends. I loved the excitement on their faces when they trick or treated around the school, getting fun little treats. I loved every minute there, except when we said goodbye for the last time. (Since I'm not working anymore we can't justify the preschool expense.) Once we got home P and I cuddled, read stories, watched cartoon songs, took a nap together and just enjoyed each other's company minus the rat race of errands, chores, etc. Tonight we're going to some friends' house to go trick or treating with P's big kid friends and eat pizza. I have no doubt it'll be another thing I enjoy doing as a mom. I love just being a mom!
 

No comments: