Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Old v. "New"

For sentimental reasons, I've missed our old house. Our first house together, the one we brought P home to. I also miss the open floor plan, the space it provided and the breath-taking views we got to enjoy on a daily basis. I also miss our neighbors. But, up until yesterday, that was all I missed. Every day I'm thankful for the easy, beautiful commute I get to enjoy. It's not a chore to have to go down the hill to run a quick errand or grab a bite to eat. There are many pros that outweigh the cons when he decided to move.
That being said, I can honestly say I really miss living in our old house during storms. I enjoyed watching the clouds roll in. I enjoyed watching the snow fall. I enjoyed hearing the wind (as long as it wasn't over 25 mph). I enjoyed the comfy fires in the fireplace. As much as I hated our bedroom windows at our old house, I did miss waking up to the beautiful scenery of snow falling outside them this morning. I didn't realize there was even snow on the ground until I opened the garage to leave for work. Everything has good and bad and there are many things I like about the current house we're renting. But enjoying a Winter storm is not one of them.

No comments: