Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Conspiracy Theory

I think the house-dog included-have a conspiracy theory against me getting any sleep! I'm used to it now, functioning on 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Plus, I know it's getting me ready for when baby Easton enters our lives. Last night was almost comical. The night before I hadn't gotten any sleep so I was pretty tired last night despite taking a 2 hour nap. (I'm fighting a cold or something which doesn't help) Anyway, I was laying in bed watching TV when out of nowhere Rob started snoring. Now Rob is not a snorer, which is great since I can't sleep with any noise or light (The new freeway that opened by our house wreaks havoc on my sleep!). After a few minutes he stopped snoring....and then he started clucking like a hen. I couldn't mimic it if my life depended on it but it was hilarious. He alternated between clucking and snoring for over an hour. I moved down to the guest room, hoping to get some shut eye but that wasn't in the cards for me either. P kept coughing then the dog got out of his room and started drinking out of the toilet. I got her back in P's room and then she started thumping her tail against something hard. I finally fell asleep when P woke up because he had soaked through his pull-up. By that time I gave up on getting any decent sleep. At this point I enjoy the occasional night where I sleep 6-8 hours but I now find the rest of the nights rather comical. I'm learning that sleep is so overrated!!

No comments: