Saturday, October 27, 2012

So Much in Our Lives

When Summer ended I thought our lives would slow down a bit but that hasn't been the case. A lot has gone on in our lives this week, with even more happening in the next month or two. The first BIG thing that happened is that I got my dr's okay to start my maternity leave as of Monday. I've been dealing with so much stress at work that I've had migraines, which she said qualifies me to take an early leave. Monday will be my last day, saying goodbye to my students as they deserve, then I'll officially take an early 'retirement' from teaching....at least for a few years (if we can swing it financially).
In addition to getting cleared from work, my dr appt went well. I've gained more weight than I've wanted to but I'm still about 5 lbs away from the weight I gained in my pregnancy with P so I can't beat myself up too much. Easton is already head down, which at the time surprised me, but after further research found that this is common. I think he's head down already from the many late night dance parties he's held in the womb, practicing the "centipede". :) My dr doesn't think I'll make it until my Jan. 10th due date so she said as soon as I go into labor we'll schedule the c-section then. I personally have a feeling that he'll be a Christmas baby but time will tell.
Thursday we celebrated Rob's un-birthday. He used to hate birthdays but I THINK we've got him coming around to tolerating-if not enjoying them-the past few years. He got lavished with Scheels gift cards and money to spend on hunting stuff. I took him to dinner at his favorite place and then made him a peach cobbler instead of a birthday cake. To top off his special day, P and I gave him a "Snuffy" (ie Snoopy) card that P promptly took back and has been playing with ever since.
Yesterday Rob took off for the day. He went duck hunting with some of his buddies for most of the morning. Then we ended the evening at our church's Trunk or Treat. P dressed in his Greenbay Packers costume and had a blast on the bounce houses, getting candy, playing games and seeing friends.

This morning I'd love to be sleeping in but P and Rob left awhile ago to go on P's first duck hunt. Whether they bring any ducks back or not, I have a feeling that it'll be memorable for the both of them. Tonight we head to our friends' for a family friendly Halloween party. At some point today I have to get to my classroom to pack up the little bit that I have there. Maybe just maybe tomorrow will be a day of rest as intended. On second thought, probably not, but that's ok. I love this time of year and all the excitement it's currently bringing in our lives. Stay tuned for Halloween pics and updates throughout the next few days. Until then........

No comments: