Saturday, October 20, 2012

Geocaching Anyone?

Yesterday I learned a new phrase and took part in a fun activity....geocaching. If you're not familiar with it let me fill you in. It's a national (if not worldwide thing) where you use the GPS on your phone to go for a treasure hunt. You can go to geocaching.com to get info for your area. You can specify whether you want it easy, medium or hard and if you want it for kids or not. A new Moms Club that I joined held this activity and both P and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We hiked through the beautiful forest with some friends (new and old) while following a "treasure map" to find hidden treats. Unfortunately the kid's geocaching that the lady had signed up for was longer than anticipated and the kiddos were getting tired. So we distracted them while she hid some treasures for them to find. P thought it was just like "Alvin and the Chipmunks" when he found his Scooby Doo notepad. He was so excited that he kept running around, showing his treasure to the rest of the group. If you haven't tried this and are up for a fun, physical challenge I urge you to look into it. The only downfall of the entire thing?? I forgot my camera in the car and didn't get a single picture of the fun. :( Oh well! I definitely plan to do it again....at which time I'll be sure to remember my camera!!

No comments: