Wednesday, October 31, 2012

When I Was a Little Pig...

P is really into story telling lately. He loves to hear them and he loves to tell them. So on the way home from a fun night of trick or treating with good friends he asked if I'd tell him a story. One of his recent favorites is of the 3 Little Pigs so I told him the watered down version. Then he proceeded with, "I want to tell you a story." So this is his story (or as much as I can remember of it because he kind of goes off on tangents in his stories).....
      "Once when I was a little pig I made a house of hay. A very bad wolf came along and said, 'I puff and I puff and I blow your house down!' so he puffed and puffed like this (he actually blew air to show me) but he couldn't blow my house down. Then I laughed and laughed and the very bad wolf laughed and laughed. I was tired so I went to my brother's house to take a nap. The very bad wolf was tired too so I went downstairs and covered him up so he'd be nice and warm. Then I took a nap."

Not too shabby for a 3 year old, huh? Maybe he'll be the author in the family after all. I don't take for granted the hours we spend telling each other stories (although it does test my patience at times) because I know someday this will be a thing of the past, just another great memory from P's childhood.

**On a side note, he went house to house trick or treating tonight for the first time. He went with a couple of his big kid friends and I can report that he just wasn't into it. He liked the first couple houses but then he got tired of it so we waited on the sidewalk for his big kid friends, which suited him just fine because it gave him a chance to play football. All in all it was a fun Halloween week!**

No comments: