Thursday, October 18, 2012

Not Much to Say

I know I haven't blogged in about a week but it's because there hasn't been much to say I guess. Last weekend some girlfriends came to town for our annual Girls' Night Out. A group of local girlfriends met us for dinner and then, while my married friends went home, my single friends were more than willing to go out and hit the town. Don't get me wrong. It was a lot of fun but I'm not meant for late nights anymore. I've been having a problem with my feet and ankles severely getting swollen by the end of the day and being in heels, walking around, sure didn't help last Saturday night. Finally, after midnight, I asked if we could go back to our room because my feet hurt so bad.
Monday I started back to work. It's such a mess there that I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about the craziness I've endured this year so I didn't feel like blogging about it anymore.
Today I'm off work (Hallelujah!) and the morning started with a battle of the wills. P is such an easy going, well mannered, well behaved lil guy that it kills me when we have to seriously get on him. But lately he's made huge messes with his toys but won't clean them up. We've tried bribes, rewards, positive praise, consequences, taking his toys away, spankings...... This morning I finally told him that I'd lock him in his room until it was clean. Although he screamed the whole time, he did finally clean up his room in record time. That and eating dinner are our only battles so I can't complain. I just hate to get on him when 98% of the time he's an angel.
This weekend my parents are coming to town so we'll do something Halloweenish. Then Rob and I are going to a benefit dinner with some friends Saturday night. Hopefully then I'll have more to blog. But as of now I think you're all caught up on our lives.

No comments: