Friday, October 12, 2012

Birthday Blah :)

If you know me well you know that birthdays are a week long celebration for me. But, not this year. There are some birthdays I'm just not excited about, like when I turned 26, and this year was one of them. Rob about fell over when I told him I didn't want to do anything more than to go out for a nice dinner. Because I respect his (weird) birthday wishes, he respected mine. I did enjoy a morning of pampering with some alone time at Starbucks and then a pedi while P was at school. But other than that it was a normal day. I'm in nesting mode so I got a lot of stuff ready for Easton's arrival. Don't get me wrong.....I enjoyed the day and people went above and beyond to make the day special for me. From FB posts to texts to phone calls to extravagant gifts, my friends and family showed me all kinds of love. The nicest part of the day was dinner at a local Japanese steakhouse. Not only do I love the food, but I love the process used to cook in front of us. And I thoroughly enjoy watching the process through P's eyes. His excitement is contagious! Although it wasn't a big birthday celebration, it was a very nice day that I enjoyed. Sometimes it's more enjoyable to have mellow than over the top. Not every year but once a decade is good!

No comments: