Monday, June 14, 2010

2 Years and Counting...

Two years ago, almost to the minute, I was getting into a horse drawn carriage with my dad to be taken to the beautiful place where Rob was waiting. We said our vows in front of close friends and family, enjoying the special time together. I've thought about that fairy tale moment several times today, thinking about how much has happened since we said "I do" 2 years ago. Last year we celebrated our 1st anniversary by enjoying a night in Tahoe and a gorgeous dinner cruise. I was 2 weeks away from having Preston, a whole new adventure we were about to embark on. We had a really nice time together, savoring the time with just the two of us, knowing life was about to change... for the better! This year I was wondering what we'd do since our real celebration date in next week when my parents come to watch Preston. Needless to say, Rob came through big again! He surprised me by giving me the dishwasher that I've wanted since we moved in here. Me, being the dork I am, asked if we could return it so I could get running shoes instead. Rob also took off work a little early so we could hang out this afternoon. We shot our bows until we woke Preston up and our time together, just the two of us, was cut short. Tonight Rob is going to take me to a nice restaurant in town that one of his co-workers recommended. I'm really looking forward to getting dressed up and going out to a new place. Of course, just like last year, we'll be bringing Preston with us. But, I can't imagine a better way to celebrate our life together than with all 3 of us together!

No comments: