Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cheyenne and the Garbage Man

Today, much to our dismay, we sold Cheyenne to a 12 year old little girl that was so excited to get her. Rob and I didn't want to get rid of her but she is not be ridden, nor will she be until next Spring. At that point, Rob wasn't sure how sound she'd be to ride after going 1 1/2 years without being ridden. He can't chance being bucked anymore so we decided it was best to sell her. I didn't want to be here when the dad came to pick her up but it worked out that I was. Rob watched as the guy drove away with her but I couldn't handle it. After Cheyenne was gone we shed a tear or two because she is such a great horse. Under different circumstances she would've been with us for life. We're even secretly hoping that it doesn't work out with the other family so we can get her back at some point. Goodbyes are hard and we've said 2of them today!

On a lighter note, Preston may choose to be a garbage man. I was cleaning out his toybox this afternoon, throwing away trinket toys that he doesn't play with. When I put them in the garbage can I didn't even think he was paying attention but apparently I was wrong! He crawled over to the garbage can, pulled himself up and lifted the lid. He pulled out 2 of the toys I had thrown away and started playing with them. Guess he does play with them afterall! OOPS!

No comments: