Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Little Joe and Candy



Today we added two new additions to the Lazy H Ranch... Little Joe and Candy. They're Nigerian dwarf goats and are about Preston's size. I drove out to Palamino Valley (about an hour away) to get them while Rob got the fencing up for them. Let me say that having 2 goats and an 11 month old in the car together makes for an interesting ride. One of the goats pooped immediately, which smelled to high heaven. Then the goats started bleating back and forth. Preston, not to be outdone, started "bleating" back even louder than the goats. Somehow he wore himself out enough to fall asleep despite the noise. But, after a short catnap, he was back at it, "talking" back and forth with the goats. When we got home the fence wasn't completely done. We let Little Joe out to see how he would act. He followed me around, eating as he went (which is great because we got them to be weedeaters). He is just like a dog, wanting me to pet him and loving human attention. I was told that Candy is shy so we didn't let her out until the fence was done. Once it was done, she and Little Joe had fun running around their new home. I'm hoping they don't become coyote or mountain lion food because, to be honest, I am tired of the revolving door of animals here. We've got and gotten rid of 3 horses and a dog already. I'm hoping that Little Joe and Candy are here to stay for awhile.

No comments: