Friday, June 18, 2010

Worrywort

I'm reading a disturbing book for our monthly book club. I made the mistake of reading the worst part of the book right before bed. Between that and the "heat" (I use that term loosely because it was only mid-70's) I had a hard time going to sleep. Instead I laid there and worried about things that could not be fixed at 10:30pm. Since we had the door open I heard coyotes close by so I worried that they'd get to LJ and Candy. After laying there thinking about it for several minutes, I couldn't take it any longer so I closed the door and prayed for the goats' safety. Then I came to the realization that Preston will start daycare in less than a month. I began worrying about leaving him for the day and about him having a recurrence of his virus. I knew I was worrying about big things that were out of my control so I digressed to worrying about little things. I laid there and thought about what party favors I'd get for Preston's party. Then I worried about whether I'd go to Walmart before or after my mommy group walk today. Finally, I wore myself out and fell asleep. Unfortunately it was not a peaceful night's sleep due to the nightmares the book gave me. But I slept for about 7 hours so I cannot complain. Hopefully I'll go to sleep early tonight and sleep uninterrupted, without nightmares.

No comments: