Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fun Filled Week




Mom and Dad Herrington were here for a week visiting. Not long enough but long enough to form a close bond with Preston. I took advantage of them being here by leaving Preston with them while I ran errands. My goal in that was two fold... 1) Give them time to bond without mommy or daddy around and 2)Get Preston used to being left so it won't be as traumatic when he starts daycare next month. I think, all in all, my plan worked. Preston loved cuddling in Mimi's lap and making funny noises with her. He also made sure that Grandpa was watching him at all times when he played with his toys or tried walking.
We ventured out to do things during the week (Rob was able to take 2 days off, which was REALLY nice). We went to Truckee, Tahoe and Pyramid Lake....all beautiful places. We laughed, debated (laughed while we debated), sat out on the deck in the evenings, BBQ'd and cherished every moment together. One special day for me was when Mom and I went to Olive Garden for a Mother/Daughter lunch, a favorite for both of us. We enjoyed talking, feeding Preston and getting closer. We also ran errands and "horse hunted" (Looked for mustangs around the area). It was one of the most memorable times for me.
Mom and Dad Herrington left early, early this morning and the house is so quiet. Preston ate his breakfast with his neck craned, watching the staircase. He expected them to come up the stairs at any minute. Once he realized it was just me and him he got fussy. I guess that means that Mimi and Grandpa need to come visit more often. If only we could all just live closer!

No comments: