Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Few Days

The past few days have been busy ones for the Herrington household. We enjoyed a wonderful, yet productive, Memorial Day weekend together. We took time to remember the soldiers who gave their lives for our freedom. But, we also enjoyed friends and BBQs. All in all a perfect weekend! Then the work week began........
Poor Rob worked a full day on Tuesday then got 4 hours of rest before starting a night shift the same day. I wanted him to sleep as much as possible yesterday so I took Preston to Sacto, leaving our house quiet for Rob. My plan didn't work out quite as planned because I got an interview for a school. We thoroughly enjoyed the short amount of time we had with my parents but cut our trip short. It worked out because my parents had to leave yesterday to head to San Diego. Now that my dad's retired he is a ???? (I don't know how to spell it and I just recently learned out to say it correctly). He is in charge of Operation Welcome Home, a project that aides soldiers in getting back into the workforce once they come back from duty. My parents went to SD to be part of a presentation for the project and to see my brother and SIL (and their new dog).
Back on track....my interview went pretty good. I still haven't heard anything but am hoping to later today. My nerves can't handle waiting any longer. :) Last night Rob worked again so I tried to keep Preston quiet this morning. I finally took him down the hill to run a few errands. Then I cleaned the house, getting ready for the Herrington's visit this next week. Unfortunately, Rob didn't get as much sleep as he needed but he's a trooper.
I guess that fills you in on our last few days. I'm fighting a migraine and it's Preston's naptime so I think we're both going to lay down now. G'night!

No comments: