Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Create Your Own Title....



Right now we're supposed to be at the Reno Rodeo with some friends. But there was a bad accident on Gieger, shutting it down for 3 1/2 hours, so we're at home relaxing instead. To be honest, I'm kind of relieved because last night was a late night. Rob and I got to go on a date for the first time since February and we made every minute count. We had a delicious dinner at Outback then went to the Eric Church concert. Doors opened at 8pm but he didn't do on stage until almost 11pm! He played until 12:30am, getting us home around 1am. Between Preston waking up at 3:15 and Rob's alarm going off an hour later, I didn't get much sleep. But, even with only a few hours of sleep under my belt, I managed to have a busy and productive day. I took advantage of my dad being in town and asked him to put Preston's swing set together. After he (I helped all of 5 minutes) worked on it for a couple hours he had to call it quits because Preston had swim lessons. Just like last time Preston was a champ! He went under a few times and came up smiling every time. After swim lessons, my parents treated us to lunch. Surprisingly, Preston is becoming quite the picky eater! He LOVES fruit and eats most veggies but he's getting picky about the rest. Today was one of those days. He just wanted to drink out of his sippy cup instead, which is fine with me. After lunch we came home and I started getting ready for the rodeo. I was so tired that I decided to lay down for awhile. That's when Rob called to tell me about Geiger. Rob decided to park his truck on the side of the road and Preston and I picked him up at the mailboxes. We had a nice dinner and enjoyed a relaxing evening at home. I was looking forward to the rodeo but it was nice to be home instead.

No comments: