Saturday, May 30, 2009

Alien Invasion

I guess I didn't really pay attention when people told me that Preston's movements would get more intense. I ignorantly thought they'd be the light butterfly kicks until I went into labor. Boy, I was wrong!!! In the past few days, my cute lil baby has turned into a huge alien. My stomach moves in ways I never imagined and sometimes it's REALLY uncomfortable! Last night Rob put his hand on my stomach to try to help calm him down, but that didn't work. Finally he rolled over and said, "Well, I tried." I was left to lie there with the alien invasion going on for quite awhile before I could fall asleep. Some days I worry about bringing Preston into the world. Other days, like yesterday, I am anxious to have my own body back... no alien movements, no running out of breath just trying to get dressed, no hormonal cry-at-the-drop-of-a-hat moments, no more asking others to do things because I can't lift or bend over well. I could go on and on and bottom line is that I've loved pregnancy. I just can't believe it's 40 weeks long! There should be an express cooker feature to get the baby done and out sooner...ha!!

No comments: