Thursday, May 28, 2009

Family Update



For those of you that follow the blog religiously, my apologies for not writing in the past week. I've been so busy, too tired and not in a blogging mood. But, I figured I'd give you an update and I'll upload a recent pic later today as well.

Rob and I enjoyed our 3 day weekend together. It was a real treat having him home and not working. We went to dinner, to the movies and to two baseball games. We have a new minor league team in town so on Saturday we went to the game with some friends. We had such a good time that we went to another game on Monday night. I love the stadium and look forward to watching many more games there.

We made a big purchase this weekend as well. We bought a new couch, which I am SOOO excited about!! Miraciously, we agreed on the couch at the second store we went to. Rob wanted something that had cup holders and recliners. I wanted something that was easy to clean and would allow for more walking space in the living room. I didn't know if we'd find a couch that would match both criteria but we did and I can't wait for it to get delivered this weekend!

I am pretty much moved out of my classroom. With the exception of yesterday, I've been working long days recently. Between packing up my room, putting together 6th grade graduation, planning fieldtrips, attending last minute meetings, and doing report cards there just aren't enough hours in the day. Yesterday the a/c went out in my classroom and I told Rob I have a newfound appreciation for the heat he works in ALL day, EVERY day. It was to the point of being unbearable and I was to the point of being very cranky!! Luckily, I am blessed with a good class and they rolled with the punches (Not literally of course!). Part of me is excited for the year to end because it means Preston is that much closer to being born, but part of me is nervous for this next phase and doesn't want to end teaching quite yet. As my kids tell me, though, I will be teaching my favorite student of all time now so how can ya beat that??!

Rob got to enjoy last weekend off, but is back to working long, hot days again with equipment that keeps breaking. After work yesterday he graciously drove a friend a couple hours away to pick up a truck. Rob didn't get home until late and had to get up early this morning for work. I am happy to say that neither of us have plans for tonight so we will get home at a decent hour, bbq steaks and enjoy each other's company. I've been too tired and he's been too busy to do that this week yet.

The last family update is, unfortunately, a sad one. It's still too fresh so I will keep it short as the tears start pouring out the minute I think about it. It looks like Roxy blew out her ACL in her right knee. The vet said she needs knee surgery, which is very expensive and comes with no guarantees. So, at this point, unless a miracle happens, it looks like Roxy won't be with us much longer. Since the tears have started flowing, I will end this here.

I know this has been lengthy but I had to make up for not writing in the past week. There are other things such as planting flowers and yardwork, trying to sell the horses, me running for an elected board position in our housing community, stuff like that. But, that will all have to wait until a different blog. Time to get my day going so I can get to work for yet another early morning meeting. Gotta love it....

1 comment:

Rebecca Jetton said...

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about Roxy. Why are you selling your horses?