Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Really?

As I've blogged before, I am officially at the "beached whale" phase of the pregnancy now. But, does that mean everyone has to say something about it? Yesterday Rob protectively told me I look horrible (He thought I was getting sick). I put in a long day yesterday so was waddling pretty bad by the end. A co-worker made a comment about it and said I wouldn't waddle if I hadn't gained so much weight (After wanting to give her a physical response, I wanted to tell her I am within the recommended weight gain). Then, today, one of my kids cracked me up because he informed me he had found a book for me to read. It's called, "If I Were a Penguin" and he said it reminded him of me because I walk like a penguin now. I know everyone means well and I love being pregnant but I am getting a little tired of the comments. I want to respond with, "Really? Did you just say that to me?". It doesn't bother me when Rob says anything because I know he is watching out for me and Preston and I don't mind when my students say something because, frankly, it's funny. I just mind strangers and co-workers giving me their unsolicited opinions. OK, this was more of a vent than a blog about our lives but I feel much better now. Do you??? HA!

No comments: