Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

What a fun, but busy weekend! Friday Rob and I finally were able to have a "Date Night" and worked on the nursery. Then, yesterday, I met up with my mom, aunt and cousin before my baby shower. Since I already blogged about the shower, I'll go to the "Girls' Night". My mom had got us a hotel room at a really nice hotel so, after the shower, we drove up to our house to drop off the gifts, show my aunt and cousin the house and have my cousin ride Doc. It was nice to see Rob for awhile before heading back down the hill, where the girls had dinner at my favorite local Mexican restaurant. We got to the hotel and went straight to the pool/hot tub (I was sad that I couldn't enjoy the hot tub!). This morning we enjoyed the hotel's continental breakfast and then went to church. When I got home, Rob and I tackled the baby gifts. I say "tackled" because Rob stood there for a few minutes and kept repeating, "I don't know where to get started." We spent about an hour, admiring everything and finding homes for it. Since May is such a busy month for me, I'll have to organize the rest of the nursery after the school year is over. It'll probably take me several hours to wash all of his clothes! Like I said, it was a fun but busy weekend!!! I always love spending time with my family and friends and it's always nice to come home to Rob at the end of it all.

No comments: