Sunday, May 17, 2009

Belly Button= Microphone??

I have officially stepped into the "Beached Whale" phase of pregnancy. I don't know if it's the heat or Rob telling me on a daily basis that I am getting huge, but I feel like buying a mu mu and living in it until July, or whenever Preston makes his debut. One of the joys of being pregnant when it's hot is the swollenness. I have a hard time sitting for a period of time so by the time the night comes around I have huge swollen cankles. They feel like someone has a rubber band around them because they are so tight. To alleviate some of the pressure, I came to bed early and propped my feet up. Rob came in the room and was trying to get Preston to move. He started singing to him. Then, he got closer to my belly and began singing louder. A second later he put his mouth on my belly button and started belting out a Chris LeDoux song. I told him that Preston can't hear better or worse if Rob uses my belly button as a microphone but Rob is insistant that that is the only way Preston can "enjoy" his singing. I was laughing so hard by the time he was done with his song! I love that Preston is going to be born into such a loving family, who has such a funny daddy!!!

No comments: