Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bittersweet Weekend


On Friday afternoon I picked Rob up from work and we took off for Elko. He had a 3D shoot and we were going to make a weekend out of it. On the way there, I found out that a friend passed away unexpectedly. He had had cancer, then was cancer free, but had chosen to have an elective surgery to make sure it wouldn't come back. Then he died suddenly from a complication following the surgery (even though he had been home for a week). That put a little cloud over the weekend for me because I couldn't stop thinking about how sudden his death was. He and I had communicated via Facebook earlier this week then he's gone. But, even with a heavy heart, we still had a nice weekend. We met up with our friend Paul and enjoyed a DELICIOUS Basque meal at the Star. After dinner we went back to the hotel and had a "slumber party" (Preston was next to our bed in the Pack-N-Play). Yesterday morning we got to Rob's shoot. Luckily, Paul and his roommate were there because it is a very boring spectator sport. After 6 hours of shooting the tournament was over. We wanted to have dinner at the Star again but the wait was too long. We debated staying another night but decided against it. So, we got on the road and made the long drive home. This morning Rob and Preston had a "Father/Son" time at the Elk Foundation exhibition while I went to church. Once we got home, I watched the rest of the Sprint Cup race then went for a short run. While Preston napped Rob and I both shot our bows. Now I'm watching the opening of the Oscars while Rob does stuff outside. Even though I was sad about another friend passing away so suddenly, it was nice to spend time with my boys this weekend.

No comments: