Friday, March 19, 2010

Finding My Niche

This blog is a moment of truth for me. This past year has been difficult, one of soul searching. I have wanted to be a mom as long as I could remember but I didn't know I'd struggle so much with finding my place in the world. For 10 of the last 12 years I've been identified as a teacher. The other 2 years I was a supervisor with several staff members under me. So, I've taken on a leadership role since college. This past year I've become a mom, one that stays at home with a wonderful baby boy. I love my days with him, watching him grow and change so much. But, something was missing for me.
Over the Winter is when I decided we needed to get out more. He and I are both so social so a couple months I signed him/us for a couple mommy and me groups. I met some moms but still was not feeling like I had found my niche....until this week. One of the mommy and me organizers asked me to be a co-organizer. I finally felt like I was needed by more than just Preston. As he gets older we'll be able to go on all kind of adventures but right now I am content with the couple groups we're part of....and the fact that I've found my niche.

No comments: