Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pillows and Boogers

So, how important is a pillow? I've been on a hunt for the perfect pillow for months now, ever since my favorite pillow could not be salvaged and the store that sold it went out of business. I've tried extra firm support for the back sleepers, firm support for the side sleepers and finally broke down to try the regular one designed for all sleepers. Like Goldilocks, none of them worked until..... I discovered Rob's pillow! Every morning when he goes to work I roll over to his side of the bed and get the best hour of sleep. So, unannounced to him, I stole his pillow the other night before he came to bed. Having his pillow gave me the best night sleep I've had in quite awhile. The same happened the next night. By the third night I confessed to him that I had taken his pillow. Lucky for me, he's not as possessive as I am and just said he wondered why his pillow was so flat all of a sudden (I gave him the regular one for all sleepers). He didn't even ask for it back!!!!
That's a good thing because I've needed good sleep lately to deal with a sick lil guy. He has a cold and yesterday he was running a fever with it. Preston used to like getting his face wiped but now he covers it every time he sees me coming with a Kleenex. He also doesn't like getting the boogers sucked out by that big bulb. But, hey, that's the only way he'll feel better. Like my dad always told me, you have to get it out of your system to feel better. So, bearing no fever today, I'd like to think he's on the road to recovery but I'll keep ya updated.

No comments: