Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mama and Dada's Fun Saturday



Yesterday was one of the most fun days I've had recently and it's because we were enjoying being outside and being with friends. It started out with a 5k run that my friend, Michelle, and I did. We've been running a few times a week since the weather got nice and were excited to do our first official run together. Michelle wanted to finish in 32-38 minutes but I was determined to finish in under 30 minutes. I won't lie and say it was easy. Even though we've been running we're both still getting into shape so there was a point I just wanted to walk and catch my breath. But, Michelle kept pushing me and it paid off. I finished in 29 mins,23 secs.! After the run Rob and Preston had some bonding time at Scheels while I got pampered with a pedicure...the perfect finish to any race, long or short. We got home and then got ready for some people to come over for an archery shoot. For our first shoot we had 6 people participate. It was a lot of fun and I realized I shoot better than I gave myself credit for. Of course Rob won the shoot but his friend John gave him some competition. We topped off the day with a BBQ, having our next door neighbors join the fun. It was a perfect day!
This morning Rob had to face reality and go back to work (Boo!). The worst part of it is that he missed Preston saying "Da Da" for the first time. I called him and Preston said it on the phone though so he got to hear it. Preston has been saying "Ma Ma" for awhile now (The first time was before Christmas) so we've been working on "Da Da" a lot. It made me so proud to hear him say it. Now he's been saying it non-stop. I love it!

No comments: