Monday, March 22, 2010

Overrated.....

Yesterday Preston laid down for a nap. I rarely nap anymore but, even though I was not tired, I decided to lay down. I ended up taking about an hour nap. Not thinking anything about it, I got up when Rob got home and continued the day. After dinner Preston was tired so while I was holding him he fell asleep. He woke up about a half hour before his usual bedtime so I gave him a bath, fed him and got him ready for bed. About a half hour after his usual bedtime I tried to put him to sleep. But, he wasn't going to have anything to do with that. He cried and screamed even though Rob and I kept going in and consoling him. Finally I got him out of his crib and held him awhile while he calmed down (Usually Rob does this but I decided to give him a break). Thinking he was ready for bed, I put him back in his crib 45 minutes past his bedtime. He cried and screamed for several minutes before falling asleep. I tried to go to bed shortly after but could not fall asleep. I tossed and turned, watching the minutes pass on the clock. I don't know what time I finally fell asleep but when I did I had a weird dream about having a baby girl in an ant infested hospital. I woke up from that dream and did not want to go back to sleep. My conclusion....naps are overrated! In the long run they make life miserable so I'd rather stay tired all day than to nap and not sleep at night.

No comments: